Capabilities and Resources
The Emory Chemical Biology Discovery Center (ECBDC) is a nationally recognized academic high throughput screening center involved in local, national and international drug discovery programs. The ECBDC offers state-of-the-art HTS and HCS capabilities with multiple integrated robotic systems and a large collection of small molecule compound libraries. With these platforms, the ECBDC aims to accelerate translation of basic research discoveries and high throughput biology into novel targets and therapeutics.
Inhibition of delta-secretase improves cognitive functions in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease
Dr. Keqiang Ye’s team worked with Dr. Yuhong Du for high throughput screening at ECBDC and identified an orally bioactive and brain permeable δ-secretase inhibitor that is effective in mouse models of Alzheimer’s disease.
Click here for Nature Communications article.
Click here to read article at Pubmed.gov.
- September 2017: Haian Fu has beem named Chair of the Department of Pharmacology, Emory University School of Medicine
- September 2017:Emory Molecular Interaction Center for Functional Genomics (MicFG) has been selected by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) to participate in an elite national network focused on discovery of new cancer targets and precision cancer therapies
- June 2017: OncoPPi-informed discovery of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 3 as a novel binding partner of c-Myc
- March 2017: Inhibition of delta-secretase improves cognitive functions in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease
- February 2017: Spider web of cancer proteins reveals new drug possibilities.
- July 2016: ECBDC collaborated on anticancer drug discovery: structures of KDM5 histone demethylase inhibitors.
- June 2016: Emory is awarded subcontract for National Cancer Drug Discovery Network. Congrats!
- February 2016: Haian Fu awarded Winship Partner in Research Endowed Chair. Congrats!
- February 2016: The ECBDC selected as a Specialized Center in the new phase of the NCI Chemical Biology Consortium
- February 2016: CBC project team paper with structure for KDM5A published in JBC! Congrats!
- January 2016: Philanthropic gift from Lipman family announced to fund a collaborative project with to find new therapies for cystic fibrosis! Congrats!
- November 2015: Xiu-Lei Mo’s development of novel BRETn assay in live cells published in J of Mol Cell Bio! Congrats!
- October 2015: ECBDC collaborator Raquel Lieberman (GA Tech) receives ACTSI Drug Discovery & Development Pilot Award! Congrats!
n of NSCLC cells with HSP90 and FAK inhibitors published in Oncoscience! Congrats!
- July 2015: Haian Fu interview in ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies.
- June 2015: MaKendra Umstead accepted into the 2015 cohort of scholars in the International Center for Professional Development’s Scientist Mentoring and Diversity Program