Capabilities and Resources
The Emory Chemical Biology Discovery Center (ECBDC) is a nationally recognized academic high throughput screening center involved in local, national and international drug discovery programs. The ECBDC offers state-of-the-art HTS and HCS capabilities with multiple integrated robotic systems and a large collection of small molecule compound libraries. With these platforms, the ECBDC aims to accelerate translation of basic research discoveries and high throughput biology into novel targets and therapeutics.
ECBDC team represented Emory at 6th International Chemical Biology Meeting in Shanghai, China
From left to right: Haian Fu, Valentina Gonzalez-Pecchi, Andrey Ivanov, Yuhong Du
Click here for the ICBS website.
- April 2019: ICBS Emory Young Scholar Chapter hosted the spring event on April 12th, 2019. This is the second major event of the student/postdoc organization since its launch in the summer of 2018. Centered around the theme “Chemical Biology in the Drug Discovery and Development”, Dr. Zaneta Nicolovska-Coleska (University of Michigan) talked about the chemical biology and drug discovery research in academia, Dr. Douglas Auld (Novartis) presented the opportunities of industry-academic collaborations with Novartis, and Dr. Kallol Basu (Merck Process) presented the development of a green and sustainable manufacturing process for a clinical candidate drug MK-7264
- March 2019: Congratulations Dr. Xiulei Mo with the Cell Chemical Biology paper "HTiP: High-Throughput Immunomodulator Phenotypic Screening Platform to Reveal IAP Antagonists as Anti-cancer Immune Enhancers"! Cell Chem. Biol., 2019, 26, 331-339.
- January 2019: Effective January 1, 2019, the Pharmacology Department became "The Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology.”
- April 2018: First Annual Greater Atlanta Chemical Biology Symposium, April 21st 2018, Emory University
- February 2018: Dr. Andrey Ivanov Receives the "Fadlo R. Khuri Translational Research Award"
- February 2018: Drs. Haian Fu, Yuhong Du, and Andrey Ivanov represented Emory Chemical Biology Discovery Center at the Annaul International Conference of the Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening, San Diego, CA.
- December 2017: Assistant Professor Positions in Pharmacology and Chemical Biology
- November 2017: OncoPPi web portal launched for protein-protein interaction research community
- October 2017: ECBDC team represented Emory at 6th International Chemical Biology Meeting in Shanghai, China
- September 2017: Haian Fu has beem named Chair of the Department of Pharmacology, Emory University School of Medicine
- September 2017:Emory Molecular Interaction Center for Functional Genomics (MicFG) has been selected by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) to participate in an elite national network focused on discovery of new cancer targets and precision cancer therapies
- June 2017: OncoPPi-informed discovery of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 3 as a novel binding partner of c-Myc
- March 2017: Inhibition of delta-secretase improves cognitive functions in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease
- February 2017: Spider web of cancer proteins reveals new drug possibilities.